kids

kids

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Boys Away and the Girls Will Play

Chris, his dad, my dad and brother went up north for the weekend snowmobiling. I took advantage of the weekend to have some girl time. On Friday night Tab and Tiff (two teenagers that lived with us for a year) came over for the night. We put the girls to bed, did foot spas, watched a movie, and ate cookie dough. I had a great time catching up with them. Saturday they left at lunch time, and Melia, Eva and I all took a nap. That evening, Carly (my sister-in-law) and her two girls (age 3 and 4) came over for another sleepover. The kids had a great time bouncing in the bounce house (a Christmas present) and playing together. The girls went to bed and Carly and I spent a couple of hours making bows for the girls. The sleepover was cut a little short, when Emma (my niece) woke up throwing up at 1:00am. She fell back asleep and they left at 8:00am when everyone woke up. Melia was sad to see her cousins go so early. She was looking forward to having Micky Mouse waffles with them for breakfast (made with another Christmas present).

Melia and Eva were very excited to see that dad was home when they got up from their nap today. We ventured out to go sledding, but after about 20 min. Melia had to go potty. She could not focus on anything else but that, so we headed home. I wasn't going to push her, since it has only been 2 weeks since she has been potty trained. A fun and relaxing weekend.

No comments:

Running after the heart of the Father. Seeking His face in All things. Walking His will out in my life. These are the desires of my heart. Along the way I am a wife and mom who wants to capture memories that will last a life time.