kids

kids

Monday, March 2, 2009

Quotes of the Week #2 and more

So I know you have been waiting all week to hear more quotes from Melia (can't wait until Eva starts talking more so I can include her in the fun), so here they are...My favorites of the week...

#1
I asked Melia, "Can you get me Eva's bunny please?" (Eva's favorite toy, and something she cannot sleep without)


She replies, "No, please" as if adding please to the end of no will make it all better. Good try Melia, but you still need to do what I asked you to do.


#2
Melia had a runny nose and cough last week. There were days that her nose was running non-stop. One morning she got up and after about an hour, went up to her room to change. I walked in her room, to see her putting on another pair of pajamas.

I asked, "Melia, why are you putting on other pajamas?"

Her response, "Those ones (pointing to the ones now on the floor), I don't want those they have whiskers on them."

I said, "whiskers?"

She says, "Ya, from my nose" I realize what she is talking about and say, "Oh, you mean boogers"

"Yea boogers"

#3
Sunday night, I was putting Eva to bed and Chris was rocking Melia, spending some quality daddy and daughter time together before bed. He was singing "hush little baby don't say a word..." to her (her favorite song currently). She said, no daddy, "I sing now" and comes out with...

"Hush little baby don't say a word daddy's gonna buy you underwear" All he could do is laugh. I am in the hallway just listening and laughing inside and how adorable the moment was.

and finally #4
During the past week Melia had a few restless nights of sleep and ended up in our bed at some point in the night. One night at four in the morning she was snuggling next to me. I rolled one way and she rolled the other. After a few minutes she says in a sweet little voice,

"Mommy, your bum is touching my bum" (We were laying back to back)

I know what your thinking, "What is her infatuation with bums and underwear?" I can't really give you an answer, but she just makes me laugh. There has been a lot more talk about bums and underwear in our house since she has been potty trained for a few months now. That's all I can relate it too.

In other news, tonight registration opened for the "Iceman Cometh 2009". If you remember back a few months ago, Chris, Ben and, a few other friends participated in a 27 mile mountain bike race. Rebekah and I decided we are going to join the boys this year and participate in the Slush Cup race, a shorter 8 mile version of the race.

A quote from the Iceman site...

"the Meijer Slush Cup course follows the Vasa 10 Kilometer trail out,
around and back. The Meijer Slush Cup course has moderate climbs,
some screamer downhills, and is all on forest two track roads."

This race will take place just five months after I give birth to our baby boy. This will be a incredible challenge, but it will give me something to strive for.

My goal...finish the race (without dying). I look forward to the challenge and hoping I can meet it.


And last but certainly not least, a few picts of my favorite people...













3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Very cute. My goal for the race is to finish without dying too...although the "screaming hills" have me concerned! :)

Joy@WDDCH said...

Found you through Rebekah's site! I think children at this age are generally just obsessed with "potty humor".

One time, my daughter Elaina (she was 3 at the time) was helping me with laundry. She pulled out a pair of Daddy's boxers and said, "Yook, Momma! Daddy's p.anties!"

LOL! Gotta love it! It all makes me laugh, too. Your daughters are beautiful!!!

Joy@WDDCH said...

You are awesome and that story of your daughter putting her head down because she wanted a sister was so precious! I added you to my blogroll and can't wait to hear more about your daughters and baby boy.

Running after the heart of the Father. Seeking His face in All things. Walking His will out in my life. These are the desires of my heart. Along the way I am a wife and mom who wants to capture memories that will last a life time.