kids

kids

Monday, April 30, 2012

Trusting

It has been months since I have posted but I have thought about blogging so many times, missing the outlet that I have found in writing.  This school year has been one of much transition and learning to trust in deeper way than I ever have.  In the third week of school I started working full-time and am now just six weeks away from finishing the school year (can't wait).  While I have loved it, there have been some bumps in the road along the way. 

Chris was laid off from his job in January and is still looking...we are learning to trust 

Chris is considering a new career...we are learning to trust

Melia started Kindergarten this year.  It has not been without a few rough patches...we are learning to trust.

Parker is two short weeks away from having tubes put in his ears and tonsils and adenoids taken out...we are learning to trust.

We are living on the least amount of income in recent months than we have since having kids...we are learning to trust

I agreed to work full time again next year...we are learning to trust

There are days my kids push me to my limits...we are learning to trust

Days come when I question everything I am doing...we are learning to trust.

There are days I want to crawl in a hole and hide away from the world...we are learning to trust.


I was texting with a friend tonight and we were talking about this very thing...TRUST.  Why is it so hard sometimes?  In the areas that it should be the easiest, it seems the hardest.  It is easy to trust when things are good, but then a bad day, week, or month happens and trust becomes a choice instead of a given.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding...Proverbs 3:5


Today I am choosing to trust the Lord in ALL things...big and small...those things I have control over and those things I do not...for my husband and kids...for our family and friends...in all things!  I am not sure what life will look like in a month, three months, or a year from now, but the Lord does and I find peace in that.   


 

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

It's in our weakness that He is made strong. He fills us and guides us along His perfect path. It is PERFECT! Hang in there and rest easy in the fact that your kids won't remember these days....I sure do :).

karen said...

I am trusting that God will bless you richly...love you much!

Laura said...

If you find a hole big enough for two Mamas to hide in, let me know, and I'll run away too ;) But yes, I am thankful that He is BIGGER. He gets to be perfect for my children, and I do not. And I think I'm more and more o-kay with that. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

geotorelxzp loan rates
bill consolidation loans

Χαλκίδα ελενα said...

you are always happy with your family and have the blessing of Jesus.
νέα Χαλκίδας

Running after the heart of the Father. Seeking His face in All things. Walking His will out in my life. These are the desires of my heart. Along the way I am a wife and mom who wants to capture memories that will last a life time.