kids

kids

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Time Away

We had the opportunity to spend a few days with family in Bay Harbor, MI this weekend. My Aunt and Uncle w/ kids are in town from Massachusetts and during their stay in MI, they spend a week in Bay Harbor every year. Chris, Parker, and I along with my sis, brother-in-law, and niece drove up to spend a few days with them. The boys golfed during the day and the rest of us went into downtown Petoskey and Mackinac City to shop. My Uncle is a GREAT cook, so we ate, ate, and ate some more; homemade chicken parm, filet mingon, brie and bread, and tacos were a few things on the menu…YUM. It was unseasonably cool (50’s and low 60’s), but we made the best of it. I am thankful we watched the weather report and brought sweatshirts and jeans.


Here are some picts from our time away…I took 200+ picts yesterday. I was having a great time snapping everything and everyone.


The view from our room.




My sweet niece Sydney.











When the boys got back from golf they played croquet and whiffle ball, while Syd played with a life size chess board.







I tried out my new wrap. After watching Rebekah with hers, I ordered one and I LOVE it. P spent a lot of the weekend in it, and loved every second of it.


I love taking pictures of our baby boy. There was so much beautiful scenery as a backdrop.








Chris and P taking a break after a day of fun.




Uncle Dave and Aunt Louise were at a wedding this weekend at our hotel. How random is that? We spent some time hanging out with them.

In the evening we sat outside and watched the sunset, while cooking smores by a fire. Life does not get much better.






We were supposed to come home tonight, but my parents called and said they would keep the girls another night and to stay up here until Sunday. How GREAT are they? Thanks mom and dad…your the best.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Maybe I missed her post about it, but where did you and Rebekah get your wraps? I'm considering one for our new baby when she arrives and yours look great! Looks like you had a great trip! What fun!

Laura said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! O-kay, now I'm considerng a wrap ;)...my cousin let me borrow her Rockin' Baby Sling, but Gabe doesn't seem to care for it, and it's not that comfortable for me either. We have a Baby Bjorn, which carries him upright, and he likes that more. The wrap looks so comfy!

What a wonderful get-away...hopefully you feel rested and relaxed...

Nancy said...

Glad you had such a great vacation. The pictures are beautiful. I love that area. You are getting to be an excellent photographer.

Running after the heart of the Father. Seeking His face in All things. Walking His will out in my life. These are the desires of my heart. Along the way I am a wife and mom who wants to capture memories that will last a life time.