kids

kids

Monday, August 11, 2008

Another productive weekend

What a great weekend. A nice mix of work, family, friends, and relaxing.

The weekend started with a movie night with Ben and Rebekah. Well, the boys watched a movie and Rebekah and I worked on their adoption profiles. By the end of the night we had half of them done (which is a big feat - six pictures per profile all matted and rubber cemented on).

I was able to get the rest of Melia's duvet cover done and her room is now complete. The duvet is quilted and on the bed and the curtains are hung. She loves her new blanket. It looks like such a big girl room now. One day I will be able to cut the middle section of the blanket, bind it, and she will have a keepsake quilt, made by her mom.


















I also was able to get the final coat of paint (after 2 coats of primer and 3 coats of paint) on our built-in entertainment center in the basement. We can now begin putting the basement back together.

Chris and I were able to get out without the girls and do a little clothes shopping for them for next year. We got about 25 shirts, shorts, and skirts all for $65.00. Gotta love end of the season sales. We ended the night with a few games of Settlers with my mom and dad, and brother.

The weekend ended with our annual Church picnic. It was a chilly and rainy August day, but we had great food and fellowship, despite the weather. The evening ended with Chris, Ben and Mike playing Settlers at our house and Rebekah and I spent a few hours finishing their profiles. They are all done!!!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Melia's room looks great! Thank you for all your help on the profiles. It feels good to officially be done with everything!

Running after the heart of the Father. Seeking His face in All things. Walking His will out in my life. These are the desires of my heart. Along the way I am a wife and mom who wants to capture memories that will last a life time.