kids

kids

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Daddy's Girl


I love that Melia is a daddy's girl. She loves her daddy and thinks he can do ANYTHING. Whenever something goes wrong or I an not able to do something, her immediate response is,

"Daddy can do it"

The other day I stubbed my toe and she asks,

"Are you okay, Mommy? Daddy will kiss it when he gets home."

When I go to get her out of bed in the morning, her first question is,

"Is Daddy here? Daddy at work?"

If she is playing with a toy and can't figure something out, she says,

"Daddy will help me when he get home."

If I ask to help her, "No, daddy will do it."

I hear these phrases come out of her mouth several times every day. Every time it bring s a smile to my face. Her love for her daddy has no limits.

Each night before Melia goes to bed, he snuggles with her to read, talk , laugh, and pray. I love sitting downstairs and listening on the monitor to the interactions.

I love that he loves them with the love of our Heavenly Father and see them them through His eyes.
I love that he can't wait to get home, after a long day to see his girls.
I love that he spends time doing what they want, no matter how silly it is.
I love that he lets her learn and experience things hands on, when he is working on a project. (as I type she is in the garage, tools in hand, "fixing" the brakes on his car with him)
I love that he loves his girls more than himself.
I love that he smothers then with hugs, kisses, and I love yous.
I love that he sees the best in them, even during a tantrum.
I love that Melia watches out the window, just waiting for his car to pull in the driveway, and then squeals with delight when it does.

I love him more than life itself. He is such an incredible dad to our girls. I could not ask for a better life.

It is so easy for children to love. They have not been tainted by the world. They just love at face value, not looking for anything in return. This is how our Heavenly Father loves us, and how we are instructed to love others. Too often, we let judgment, emotion, and feelings get in the way. Let us see each other through the eyes of the Father. Love without limits, just as our Father loves us.

1 John 4 7-12 :
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hey, we love "What Makes A Rainbow"! Wait, did I say "love"? I meant "loved" until a certain toddler "read" it in her crib during nap time and then decided to see if she could pull the rainbow out of the pages. Needless to say, our book met an untimely demise. I learned an important lesson about strictly giving board books at bedtime :)

Rebekah said...

I love that she loves her daddy so much. Such a cute picture!

Running after the heart of the Father. Seeking His face in All things. Walking His will out in my life. These are the desires of my heart. Along the way I am a wife and mom who wants to capture memories that will last a life time.