kids

kids

Monday, August 25, 2008

Summer of Change

Well when the alarm goes off tomorrow at 6:00am the summer is officially over. Tomorrow is my first day back to work. As I reflected on the summer, I was overwhelmed by the many changes that took place in our lives in a few short months...
  • Eva went from crawling to standing to taking a few steps on her own
  • Eva got her first two teeth and is days away from two more
  • Melia went from swimming with a life jacket to just having a noodle under her arms and is close to swimming on her own.
  • Melia moved from a crib to a big girl bed
  • Melia is much closer to being potty trained than she was at the beginning of the summer
  • Melia had her first dentist appointment
  • Eva started having milk and is only nursing once a day
  • Eva no longer wants baby food, and loves to feed her self
  • Our living room went from drab and unfinished to beautiful and sophisticated with new paint, furniture, rug, and armoire.
  • Our dear friends went from starting the adoption process to being just days away from being on the list
  • Melia went from being a mommy's girl to a daddy's girl
  • Eva switched to cloth diapers
  • Sydney (my niece) went from sleeping all day to smiling, laughing, and rolling over
  • Emma and Lilly (my other nieces) turned 4 and 3, and Emma is about to start preschool
  • My mom went from being in pain, having knee replacement surgery, to a full recovery
What a precious time I had with my girls each day. We had many play dates, days by the pool, walks to the park, bike rides, lots of swinging, snuggle time, naps, days we stayed in jammies most of the day. I cherish these times with them. They grow and change so quickly.

No comments:

Running after the heart of the Father. Seeking His face in All things. Walking His will out in my life. These are the desires of my heart. Along the way I am a wife and mom who wants to capture memories that will last a life time.