- Eva went from crawling to standing to taking a few steps on her own
- Eva got her first two teeth and is days away from two more
- Melia went from swimming with a life jacket to just having a noodle under her arms and is close to swimming on her own.
- Melia moved from a crib to a big girl bed
- Melia is much closer to being potty trained than she was at the beginning of the summer
- Melia had her first dentist appointment
- Eva started having milk and is only nursing once a day
- Eva no longer wants baby food, and loves to feed her self
- Our living room went from drab and unfinished to beautiful and sophisticated with new paint, furniture, rug, and armoire.
- Our dear friends went from starting the adoption process to being just days away from being on the list
- Melia went from being a mommy's girl to a daddy's girl
- Eva switched to cloth diapers
- Sydney (my niece) went from sleeping all day to smiling, laughing, and rolling over
- Emma and Lilly (my other nieces) turned 4 and 3, and Emma is about to start preschool
- My mom went from being in pain, having knee replacement surgery, to a full recovery
Monday, August 25, 2008
Summer of Change
Well when the alarm goes off tomorrow at 6:00am the summer is officially over. Tomorrow is my first day back to work. As I reflected on the summer, I was overwhelmed by the many changes that took place in our lives in a few short months...