kids

kids

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Randomness **Updated

This week it has felt like summer, and I couldn't love it more. It has given me a little taste of what is to come in just three weeks when school is out...can't wait. The girls braved the pool again this week, and I even got in with them today. With all this heat, the water is warming up quick. They are loving pool time. I don't think our pool has ever been open this early in May, (usually it's a Memorial Day project) but, I sure am glad it is. We opened it early to give us some extra time to get it ready for Parker's b-day party next week. Speaking of that, Can you believe that in a week, he will be 1 year old. Crazy!!! He is turning into a little boy right before my eyes. So many changes are taking place these days.
Parker has only splashed his feet in the pool, as he has been napping when we swim. This day he was in the shade in his excersaucer. Look at those red cheeks.

******UPDATE******

Parker went in the pool tonight with his daddy, sisters, and neighbor boy. He loved every second of it. He tried to jump right out of Chris's arms to try and swim.




Biking:

On Tuesday, I braved the bike trail with all three kids. Eva and Parker were in the trailer and Melia was in a bike seat. They did AWESOME. I biked 9 miles in just under an hour. It felt great to get out and exercise, and do it with the kids. I went out again today, Eva was in the bike seat and Melia and Parker were in the trailer. Parker has taken his morning nap during the ride both days. Carting 105 pounds (between kids and trailer) is no easy task, but it is great training.


Work:

The end of the school year is always a busy time. This year is no different. I am counting down the days. We are moving to a new building next year, so that means packing my classroom on top of everything else. At least, I'll be organized in the fall right!!! With all this nice weather, getting my school work done in the evenings is more of a chore.

Garden:

We finally got our plants in the ground this week. Instead of buying pots (which were pricier than I thought), we decided to make a box garden. Chris spent Monday night engineering an incredible garden. It is surrounded with chicken wire to keep the animals out. We have a lot of deer and bunnies in our yards.

He even made a door at the end so we could get in and out, when we are ready to reap our harvest. We planted green beans, peas, lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro, zucchini, onion, and peppers. We started some in the house a month ago. We had three bean plants that looked great, but one of them did not make the transition very well. I guess we just wait and see what happens. Chris made watering really easy for me. He hooked up a hose on the deck, so I just have to walk out the back door, turn the nozzel on, lean over the deck and water. It takes less than a min. I love it.

3 comments:

karen said...

The garden looks great! How nice that the pool is up and running with the summer weather. But the biggie, i am so proud of you to take all three kids out biking is a feat in and of itself, but 9 miles...good for you.
love you

karen said...

a whole family of swimmers, how fun

Unknown said...

I love your garden! Dare I say I might need to put Chris up to giving Paul one more task around here! HAHA!

So glad to have spent time with you guys last night! You're welcome here with the family anytime--you know we love them and you!

Running after the heart of the Father. Seeking His face in All things. Walking His will out in my life. These are the desires of my heart. Along the way I am a wife and mom who wants to capture memories that will last a life time.