kids

kids

Monday, July 7, 2008

A weekend filled with Family, Friends, Fun, and Fireworks



What a GREAT weekend!!! We started the weekend with our 8th Annual 4th of July Pool Party. The smell hamburgers and hot dogs filled the air. The day was spent soaking up the sun, many games of Corn Hole aka Baggo, swimming, eating, and relaxing. About 60 adults and kids came out to join in the fun.


The party ended in the early evening, so we packed up the girls and headed to Lapeer to see some fireworks (Eva's first and Melia's second). The girls loved the show. Eva was mesmerized by all the flashes of light and Melia talked her way through the whole show..."That's a pretty one, Wow, that loud". I found myself watching the joy on their faces most of the show.


All of that and we still had two days in the weekend left. We spent the morning on Sat. doing errands and cleaning up. I spent a few hours in the afternoon helping Rebekah paint the babies room. It is going to be adorable. We spent the evening at another barbecue and bonfire.

Sunday morning we slept in a little, and went to breakfast with Ben and Rebekah. We spent the afternoon in the pool, and ended the weekend with another barbecue with Chris's brother and friend and Ben and Rebekah. So many great memories were made. It is so nice to put life on hold for a few days to spend time with the people you love, laughing, playing, eating and relaxing.

Eva had an eventful weekend full of firsts for her. Her first tooth popped through. It made for a few long nights, she was a trooper. She also experienced her first 4th of July party, first popsicle, and first fireworks. So many firsts...so many more to come.

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

I was going to say that the picture of Eva in her 4th of July getup is just about the cutest picture I've ever seen...and then I saw Melia at the fireworks! PRICELESS. I sure love those girls!!!!

Laura said...

Looks like such a fun time! Maddy couldn't get enough of the fireworks this year either:). And, hey, I see some beautiful wispy blond hair on Melia-girl there in your family picture at the fireworks! VERY pretty!

Unknown said...

I am going to have to steal the girls again this week. I miss them:)

Your party on the 4th was awesome as usual! It is an honor to be invited!

Running after the heart of the Father. Seeking His face in All things. Walking His will out in my life. These are the desires of my heart. Along the way I am a wife and mom who wants to capture memories that will last a life time.